Wednesday, April 18, 2012

julia update April 2012!

in this julia update:

1) Girl Talk 2012 videos!
2) upcoming San Francisco shows!



Hi all, here's what's new in my world:

1) Girl Talk 2012 videos!

as promised, we (co-curators of Girl Talk) have made videos of this year's Girl Talk: A Trans & Cis Woman Dialogue show available for all to view! Here is the link to all the videos:

http://vimeo.com/markmcbethprojects/videos/search:girl%20talk/

The videos are not yet tagged, but you can tell which performer it will be based on the picture associated with the link. Here is the link to the video of my two pieces:

http://vimeo.com/39522510

enjoy!

P.S. full video of Girl Talk 2011 is also available on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL6C0BC77CA710AB76

++++

2) upcoming San Francisco shows

--So tomorrow (Thursday, April 19), I will be reading at a benefit for my favorite Bay Area book store, Modern Times. And it will take place at one of my favorite Bay Area venues, El Rio. Here are the details from the Modern Times website:

40 Years of Radical Writing, Rabble Rousing, and Romancing Your Brain
A party with and for Modern Times at El Rio
- Thursday, April 19
- 6-9 PM
- El Rio: 3158 Mission Street
- $5-15, NOTA

We've been moving and shaking since our relocation from Valencia to 24th St. Now that the dust has settled, we want a party, and we want you to join us! Featuring stories of San Francisco by some of our favorite San Franciscans: Daphne Gottlieb, Erick Lyle, Chris Carlsson, Marge Nelson, and more TBA, with drink specials, prizes, food, and surprises. Proceeds go to the development of a new event/teaching space, expanded programming, and community engagement.

--and an advance heads up: on June 14, 15 and 16th I will be participating in a an amazing show called "The Biggest Quake". The show is curated by one of my favorite writers/performers, Kirk Read, and it examines the AIDS epidemic from an intergenerational perspective, both from people who lived through it as adults and people who did not. The cast is amazing - I'll send out all the details as the show draws closer, but I wanted to let people know so they can mark it on their "Pride month" calendars.

That's it for now. And remember, between updates, you can always check out:

my main website:
http://www.juliaserano.com

and I tweet regularly (@juliaserano):
http://twitter.com/#!/Juliaserano

for those interested in what I have to say when I have more than 140 characters to work with, there's my blog:
http://juliaserano.blogspot.com

I also post all my upcoming events and news on my aforementioned blog, and it also all automatically gets forwarded to my Facebook "writer" page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Julia-Serano/277728205577201?ref=ts
so I encourage you to follow me (and perhaps "like me") there!

Best wishes, -julia

1 comment:

  1. Julia thank you for your words ... And your work
    They often touch my heart and soul on a very deep level .
    You make me smile while I cry ..while reading or watching your work's.... and that in itself is a gift.

    ReplyDelete

***FYI*** I am no longer accepting comments on my blog. I explain all the reasons why on my aptly entitled blog-post I’m discontinuing comments on my blog. Here’s why....

If this post still has a "comment box," it is only because I overlooked/neglected it when I systematically locked all the comments. So please do not bother commenting, because I will automatically reject it. Please take no offense - it is a general blog-wide policy...