Friday, March 14, 2014

Excluded a finalist for Judy Grahn book award!

I got some exciting news this week: The Publishing Triangle announced that my book Excluded: Making Feminist and Queer Movements More Inclusive is a finalist for this year's Judy Grahn Award for Lesbian Nonfiction! (for the record, it is a bisexual woman and trans woman-inclusive award.)

Some of my readers may be interested to know that Jennifer Finney Boylan's new book about being a trans parent is also a finalist, so it's an honor to be in such prestigious company.

The winner will be announced at their awards ceremony on April 24th, which I will likely sadly miss given that it's on the other side of the country. But it's nice to know my book is up for consideration!

That's all for now... -j.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. : )

    Like Whipping Girl, the book resonated with my own experience on several levels when it's come to people acknowledging my identity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes.
    Your writing rocks my soul. ♡

    ReplyDelete